The strategy and elements of our 2019 Philippines Mission are summarized here.
No experience is necessary and all are needed! There is much to do as we unite into a cohesive team of doctors, nurses, emergency medical technicians, musicians, singers, and those going for the first time. Video: July 12-29, 2018 Medical and Music Mission to Zambia is very similar to our upcoming Philippines Mission
Let's grow together! We will change, and we will change the world!
PROJECT: "PHILIPPINES MISSION" Application click here!
THE PURPOSE: To impart care, hope, prayer, medical treatment, training and otherwise fullfill our role as Good Samaritans.
WHEN: February 1-17, 2019
OUTBOUND: Depart San Francisco at 12:35 am, Friday, February 1, arrive in Manila 6:10 pm, Saturday, February 2, (Total duration: 12 hours, 15 minutes +/-). | INBOUND: Depart Manila at 10:00 pm, Sunday, February 17, arrive in San Francisco 8:00 pm, Sunday, February 17. (Total duration: 12 hours, 15 minutes +/-)
WHERE: Manila, Philippines - Metro-Manila, Cavite, Mindanao
2019 SCHEDULE: Day-to-day details forthcoming.
- A team of "no-experience necessary" volunteers, highly motivated, high energy, willing to pray for people and share their personal salvation story;
- three or more doctors: one pediatrician, one gynecologist, and one general medical practitioner;
- three or more nurses; one or more Emergency Mecical Technicians (EMT);
- medicine valued at more than US$10,000, wholesale;
- eight mornings of medical seminars, eight afternoons of free treatment to Pilipino's most vulnerable: orphans, widows, and others;
- a team of musicians and singers; and,
- a team of teaching pastors requested by Pilipino pastors to teach leadership development.
SUMMARY: There are three basic elements to this Pure Works project: 1) to treat orphans, widows and other vulnerable people with medicine to better their lives, sustain them for a longer life, and in some cases, save their lives; 2) to further educate local medical personnel. Other longer term benefits are associated, such as sustaining solutions to the medical system/s that will save lives. 3) to provide leadeship training and evangelism for a select group of pastoral community leaders.
THE PLAN: The entire team will travel to Manila, Cavite, and Mindanao to share in various ways. These cities will be the focus of our mission project. We will also be joining the Will Graham Hope Celebration.
THE TACTICS: Each doctor will teach curriculum in morning sessions to local doctors and nurses in each citiy over a period of 2-weeks. Each doctor will participate in afternoon hands-on treatment of patients, and their evenings will be dedicated to statistic compilation, journaling, and outlining technology solutions for the future. Musicians and singers will be providing singing and music, but will also help with registration, triage forms, and other related support for the doctors and nurses. Teaching pastors will be conducting leadership training.
THE HUMANITARIAN AID: The medicine from Pure Works donors is ready to be transported via Fed Ex and also with the team-members coming to the Philippines.
CELEBRATIONS: The "band" members and singers will join with the praise teams in each of the cities celebrating this year's medical missions in Philippines. Pastors will be sharing multiple times in each of the cities and is under the covering of Foursquare CBAY and Abundant Life Christian Fellowship. The project is being coordinated in conjunction with the Bishop Efraim Tendero, CEO and Secretary General of World Evangelical Alliance, and Philippine Council of Evangilcal Churches (PCEC).
The total team will comprise of one or more doctors, and about twelve other volunteers including musicians and singers. The team will be traveling to each of the cities in the Philippines for a total mission trip of two weeks and two days, from the time leaving the US to return. The lodging will be adequate, but not fancy, and the Philippines is known for having power outages and water pressure deficiencies.
All food, lodging, air-fare and in-country travel is provided in the mission fare. An all-inclusive price is $2,900 for each team member. In this mission the cost may be supplemented by other individuals or churches, and earmarked for medicine, which the team will ship via Fed Ex, or bring with them to the Philippines.
- Mission date: Feb 1-17, 2019
- Ready your passport
- Two weeks, two days (lodging: roughing it)
- $2,900 as of August 25th, 2018 (all-inclusive, air/ground transport, food, lodging, training and mission logistics, but not souvenirs, etc.)
- Be able to give your testimony (training via orientation meetings)
- Be able to pray for others (training via orientation meetings)
- Be able to counsel others (training via orientation meetings)
- Watch for healings
- Journal - you may wish to journal